Multilayer Network Visualization Workshop at IEEE VIS 2019
Extended Submission deadline: July 15th, 2019, 5:00 p..m. PDT
For more information see: https://www.list.lu/event/multilayernetworks/
Multiple types of nodes/edges in a network are often flattened into a single network. However, real-world data and systems are often more accurately modelled as a set of interacting networks, or layers, with different node and edge types. The concept of Multilayer Networks has recently become prominent in the field of complex systems and the topic is increasing in popularity in a range of domains. Multilayer Networks provide new challenges for visualization, visual analytics, interaction, and modelling.
We will be accepting submissions of up to four pages ( not including references), as semi-public notes, describing work in progress on any of the topics specified below, or otherwise related to Multilayer Network visualization.
All submissions must be made using the IEEE VGTC conference two-column format, in line with the IEEE VIS formatting guidelines.
The submissions will be peer reviewed, with the best submissions accepted for presentations, and others as posters. Accepted submissions will be published in the electronic conference proceedings on USB and on this website.
The workshop topics are:
- A unifying visualization framework for Multilayer Networks,
- Novel visual encodings for Multilayer Networks,
- Interdisciplinary approaches featuring techniques and data from other domains,
- Multiple layers and multivariate data,
- Multilayer Network science, analytics, and metrics for visual analytics,
- Interaction with Multilayer Networks,
- Evaluation & Human Factors in the context of Multilayer Networks.
For more information see the website or contact the organisers:
Fintan McGee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tatiana von Landesberger (email@example.com)
Daniel Archambault (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mohammad Ghoniem (email@example.com)